Skip to content
Terms and Conditions
- Concession tickets are available for the following: full-time students and government health card holders. Proof of concession must be produced at the festival events to obtain the concession price. Concessions are only available where indicated and may be subject to availability.
- Tickets are sold on behalf of the organisation responsible for presenting the events and subject to terms and conditions applicable to that event and/or the venue where performed.
Unless otherwise stated, ticket prices include booking fees and GST where applicable. A transaction charge may apply at point of sale.
- All sales are final. Tickets cannot be refunded or exchanged after purchase except as outlined in the Code of Practice for the Ticketing of Live Entertainment Events in Australia.
- Festival of Dangerous Ideas reserves the right to charge a fee for the replacement of tickets. This is available on the Live Performance Australia website.
- Program details are correct at time of printing but are subject to change where necessary and without notice.
Festival of Dangerous Ideas has the right to add, withdraw, reschedule or substitute artists and/or vary advertised programs, prices, venues, seating arrangements and audience capacity.
- In the event of a change in speaker, Festival of Dangerous Ideas will only refund the cost of the ticket when the cancelled speaker was billed by Festival of Dangerous Ideas as the main attraction/headline speaker.
- General Admission tickets do not have allocated seating and cannot be replaced if lost, damaged or stolen.
Latecomers may not be given access to the venue unless there is a convenient break in the session, and for certain events may not be admitted at all.
- The use of cameras and other recording devices constitutes a breach of copyright and is strictly prohibited. Mobile phones, pagers, etc. must be turned off before entry into the auditorium.
- Tickets may not, without the prior consent from Festival of Dangerous Ideas and the seller, be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including via online auction sites) either by the original purchaser or any subsequent bearer. If a ticket is sold in breach of this condition, the ticket may be cancelled without a refund and the bearer of the ticket may be refused admission.
- Any political affiliations or views expressed by artists or speakers participating in, or sponsoring, Festival of Dangerous Ideas are not necessarily representative of those of Festival of Dangerous Ideas, The Ethics Centre or their staff or partners of the festival.
- Festival of Dangerous Ideas may vary these Terms and Conditions at any time and will post variations on https://www.festivalofdangerousideas.com/.
- By making a purchase from Festival of Dangerous Ideas after the Terms and Conditions have been varied, you agree to be bound by the variation.
- Festival of Dangerous Ideas is bound by the National Privacy principles under the Privacy Act 1988. Festival of Dangerous Ideas holds personal information for the purposes of sending information about Festival of Dangerous Ideas events and other arts events.