1. In these Terms, “you” means the individual attending or accessing the Festival of Dangerous Ideas (a trading part of The Ethics Centre Limited, a company incorporated in Australia under ABN 83 637 740 533 and registered at Level 2, Legion House, 1616 Castlereagh Street, Sydney, NSW Australia 2000).
3. When you access the FODI you may have access to services provided by companies outside TEC (“Third Party Services”). FODI and TEC are not responsible for Third Party Services and your use of Third-Party Services shall be governed by the applicable terms and conditions of such ThirdParty Services.
4. Access to parts or all of the FODI website may be restricted from time to time to allow for repairs, maintenance or updating. FODI reserves the right to withdraw, take down or amend all or any part of the FODI website and/or content at any time. FODI reserves the right to change, modify, suspend or discontinue the FODI Digital Program at any time.
5. Discounts and special ticket offers are subject to availability.
6. FODI tickets are for one session only unless specified [what about a bundle that allows access to all 3 sessions? Does a bundle consist of 3 separate tickets?]. Unique links are sent to customers and these cannot be shared with any other persons. Should the link be used in more than one source customers will lose access to FODI Digital Program for that event.
7. Customers can only access FODI Digital Program on one device at a time.
8. The following Browsers are compatible with FODI Digital Program:
a. Internet Explorer 11 and Windows 8.1
b. Edge and Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10
c. Safari (from version 9.1 onwards) on Mac OS X 10.11 and above (El Capitan)
d. Mozilla Firefox (version 47 onwards)
e. Google Chrome (version 35 onwards)
9. In order to access the program devices must be on the below Platforms
a. Windows Vista and above
b. OS X 10.5.7 and above
c. Apple iOS 9 and above
d. Android – selected Devices only
10. Unless otherwise stated, Ticket prices include booking fees and GST. All orders will include a booking fee. For any questions, concerns or feedback please contact [email protected]
11. All sales are final. Tickets cannot be refunded or exchanged after purchase except as outlined in the Code of Practice for the Ticketing of Live Entertainment Events in Australia (available on the Live Performance Australia website).
12. FODI program details are correct at time of printing but are subject to change where necessary and without notice.
13. By purchasing a ticket to FODI digital, You agree that you will not, nor will you assist any third party to or attempt to:
A) Copy, sell, rent, lease, re-distribute, broadcast, sublicense, transfer, reproduce, transmit, modify, alter, emulate or assign any right to the content or the website in any way edit, modify translate or create derivative works or adaptations of the content;
B) Remove any proprietary notices or labels on the Content or Website:
C) Disable, bypass, remove, change, modify, deactivate, impair or otherwise circumvent any safeguards, encryption, security measures, copy protection technology or other digital rights management system in which any of the Content is protected or which is otherwise incorporated on the Website, in the FODI Digital Program, Devices or Content;
D) use the Content, the FODI and/or Website for any illegal or commercial purposes;
E) Duplicate or otherwise reproduce any content (including without limitation the Content) contained on the FODI Digital Program or Website in any physical form
F) Damage, hack, crack, copy, reverse-engineer reproduce, decompile, disassemble or otherwise interfere with the Website, FODI Digital Program or Content.
14. Tickets may not, without the prior consent from FODI, be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including via online auction sites) either by the original purchaser or any subsequent bearer. If a ticket is sold in breach of this condition, the ticket may be cancelled without a refund and the bearer of the ticket may be refused admission.
15. Any political affiliations or views expressed by artists or speakers participating in, or sponsoring, the FODI Digital Program are not necessarily representative of those of FODI, TEC or their staff or partners of the FODI.
16. FODI may vary these Terms and Conditions at any time and will post variations on festivalofdangerousideas.com. By making a purchase from the FODI after the Terms and Conditions have been varied, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions in effect at the time of purchase.
17. FODI is bound by the National Privacy principles under the Privacy Act 1988. FODI holds personal information for the purposes of sending information about FODI events.
18. As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to the provision of Content which is
a. not of satisfactory quality, not fit for the purpose of watching or not as described; or
b. if FODI is unable to supply the Content to you.
19. If you experience any of the above when using the FODI live streamed services, please contact [email protected] Our email support will ask you to provide certain of your details to verify the information on your account and identify the issue. You may be entitled to price reduction and in the case of failure to supply, reduction of the full amount of the price you paid. FODI will refund any price reduction within thirty (30) days of agreeing to do so, via the same payment method used to purchase your ticket unless otherwise agreed.
20. If you have any complaints, please contact [email protected], we will respond to a complaint as soon as possible.
21. User Content:
FODI may also offer via the Website certain interactive functionality, including user ratings and comments (“Interactive Services”). Interactive Services may allow you to post your own content in connection with your use of the FODI (“User Content”)[ what’s an example of this? Is it comments/ social media? Are we going to monitor this and block unacceptable comments/ content?].
By posting such User Content, you agree that it is not and cannot be considered as confidential or private. You are solely responsible and liable for the content, accuracy, completeness and legality of User Content.
In particular, you must ensure that you have the legal right under all applicable laws to post any User Content on or through the Interactive Services or the Website or in connection with the use of any FODI, or transmit to or share such User Content with other users.
This means you must either be the sole owner of all the intellectual property and other rights in such User Content or have the prior written agreement of any third-party owner of such rights to make use of the User Content in question for the purposes set out in these Terms.
You warrant and undertake to us that:
(a) you have the absolute unfettered right and title to post any User Content and to grant to FODI the rights and licences in respect of such User Content specified in the Terms;
(b) all User Content shall be lawful and shall comply with our standards (such as acceptable use policies) contained in the Terms or otherwise specified on the Website;
(c) no User Content does or will violate or infringe any third-party rights (including copyright, trademarks, rights of privacy or publicity or any other proprietary or personal rights) or contain defamatory or otherwise unlawful material.
You grant FODI the worldwide, payment-free and transferable right and licence to use, reproduce, publicly display, edit, modify, translate, disclose, communicate, broadcast, distribute and format in any manner we choose all or any part of any User Content via the Website and within the scope of FODI Digital. This grant of rights is for the full legal term of protection of such rights.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, you further irrevocably waive, and agree not to assert against FODI or its affiliates or sub-licensees, any so-called “moral rights” that you may have in any User Content.
You acknowledge that User Content (whether posted by you or others) does not represent FODI’s views. Any comments, views and opinions made in relation to such curated Content are not the views of FODI. Inclusion of such curated content and any related materials including without limitation commentaries, views and opinions on the Website and/or FODI does not imply any endorsement of such the material or any of the views, opinions and comments contained therein and FODI shall not be responsible for such Content.
If you encounter another user on the Website who is violating any of the Terms, please report the User to FODI support service at [email protected]