1. In these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”), “You” means the individual purchasing tickets for the Festival of Dangerous Ideas event (“FODI”), an event produced by The Ethics Centre Limited, ABN 83 637 740 533 (“TEC”).
3. When you access FODI you may have access to services provided by companies outside TEC (“Third Party Services”). FODI and TEC are not responsible for ThirdParty Services and your use of ThirdParty Services shall be governed by the applicable terms and conditions of such ThirdParty Services. This includes, but is not limited to, the venue’s operator Carriageworks.
4. Discounts and special ticket offers are subject to availability and may be discontinued at the discretion of TEC.
5. Unless otherwise stated, all final ticket purchase prices will include booking fees and For any questions, concerns or feedback please contact: [email protected]
6. All sales are final. Tickets cannot be refunded or exchanged after purchase except as outlined in the Code of Practice for the Ticketing of Live Entertainment Events in Australia (available on the Live Performance Australia website) or under COVID restrictions as set out in clause 29.
7. FODI program details are correct at time of publication but are subject to change at the discretion of FODI where necessary and without
8. Tickets may not, without the prior consent from FODI, be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including via online auction sites) either by the original purchaser or any subsequent bearer. If a ticket is sold in breach of this condition, the ticket may be cancelled without a refund and the bearer of the ticket may be refused
9. Any political affiliations or views and opinions expressed by Speakers and Artists participating in, or sponsoring, the FODI Program do not represent the views of FODI, TEC, their staff, or any partners or sponsors of FODI.
10. TEC may vary these Terms and Conditions at any time and will post variations on https://festivalofdangerousideas.com/ By making a purchase from TEC you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions in effect at the time of purchase.
11. TEC is bound by the National Privacy principles under the Privacy Act TEC holds personal information for the purposes of sending information about TEC events.
12. If you have any complaints, please email [email protected] and we will respond to a complaint as soon as possible.
13. Access to parts or all of the FODI website may be restricted from time to time to allow for repairs, maintenance or TEC reserves the right to withdraw, take down or amend all or any part of the FODI website and/or content at any time. TEC reserves the right to change, modify, suspend or discontinue FODI events at any time. Should there be a technical problem on the day of the Event that prevents live streaming, caused by TEC, the live streaming audience members will receive access to a full session recording which will be available to them to access for a period of up to 14 days. This does not apply when the technical fault is of the individual audience member or their equipment.
14. FODI digital live stream tickets are for one session only. Some sessions will be available for a period of time post their scheduled live stream time. See your digital ticket for specific details on each session.
15. Unique links are sent to ticket holders and these cannot be shared with any other persons. Should the link be used in more than one source customers will lose access to the FODI event.
16. Ticket holders can only access the FODI events on one device at a time.
17. The following Browsers are compatible with the FODI events:
18. By purchasing a ticket to FODI, you agree that you will not, nor will you assist any third party to or attempt to:
24. This means you must be the sole owner of all the intellectual property in User Content for the purposes set out in these Terms. You warrant and undertake to us that:
25. You acknowledge that User Content (whether posted by you or others) or any comments, views and opinions made in relation to such curated Content are not the views of FODI, TEC, or their staff. Inclusion by TEC of such curated content and any related materials does not imply any endorsement of such material or any of the views, opinions and comments contained therein and TEC shall not be responsible for such Content.
26. FODI will strictly follow NSW Health orders in place at the time of the event.
27. FODI and TEC operate to FODI Covid Safety Plan available at https://festivalofdangerousideas.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/FODI22_COVIDSAFEPLAN.pdf. This plan incorporates the plan of our venue partner Carriageworks, which is also available at https://carriageworks.com.au/journal/carriageworks-covid-19-safety/#:~:text=Carriageworks%20is%20a%20COVID%20safe,effect%20from%201%20May%202022.
28. Patrons are responsible for ensuring that they comply with NSW Health Orders in forces at the time of the FODI events.
29. Patrons who do not comply with this policy will not be permitted entry to FODI
30. You will not receive a refund if you are unable to attend the festival in person due to having to isolate due to COVID. For selected live streamed sessions we will convert your ticket to a digital ticket, which will be available to view for 14 days post festival.
31. Please do not visit if you feel unwell, are displaying any of the COVID-19 symptoms as identified by NSW Health; are required to self-isolate in accordance with the NSW Health advice at the time of the event. https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/covid-19/Pages/default.aspx
32. Audience members will be strongly encouraged to wear a face mask at all times while inside Carriageworks venue, including during the event. This is the case unless otherwise notified at the time of FODI events. This is subject to change in relation to public health orders.
33. FODI events are seated at capacity suggested under current public health order guidelines and in line with the venue’s guidelines.
34. Tickets are sold in line with Live Performance Australia guidelines. Refunds and exchanges are not offered for change of your mind or circumstance. Refunds will be made available if session/s are cancelled or not delivered as outlined in the session information.
35. If the session you attend is livestreamed, you may be photographed or filmed while watching the session. Please notify Front of House staff on site prior to the start time if you require a seat were you will not be filmed or recorded.